New customer ? Create my account

Story

1892

Landed by his native Alsace, Albert Weill set up a small workshop for a women ready to wear in Aboukir Street. The models designed by his wife Anna are made by needlewomen at home and delivered to the department stores of this time.

1924

At the instigation of Robert Weill his son, the prosperous company settled down at Montmartre in the building built to support this development “la manufacture” become the head office of an optimized and quality wholesale clothing.

1950

The third generation, Jean-Claude Weill, propels the company in the modernity, from dressmaking to mass-produced ready-to-wear, from anonymous clothes to designed and branded pieces. In testimony, the creation of the famous carriage logo, slogan "Weill vous va" and an advertising campaign by Publicis.

1968

While France is in full excitement, Weill denude his models.

1980

The fourth generation of the Weill family – Bernard, Jean-Pierre and Viviane, open the first Weill boutique on the famous street Champs Elysees.

1992

Weill celebrates its centenary. Is the event of the year in the world of Fashion, "Il est cent ans, Paris c’est Weill" Exhibition at the Fashion Museum in Paris.

2018

WEILL knows an international development, from Europe to Russia, from the Middle East to Asia.

8, rue Livingstone

The restoration of the company’s Parisian headquarters in Montmartre at the foot of the Sacré-Coeur, is an exceptional architectural statement. A perfect illustration of the company's continued aspiration to keep in step with its time while fully embracing the 21st century. This former manufacturing plant is Weill’s Parisian base.

Built by Albert and Robert Weill in 1922, in the heart of the Saint-Pierre market area, the building started off as an industrial building to later become one of the biggest Parisian clothes factories. It perfectly represents the firm’s identity and over the years it has grown with Weill.

The architect in charge of this project, Jacques Moussafir, has coordinated the mammoth task of the demolition and reconstruction of the two top floors, as well as the enlargement of the inner courtyard area by means of a superb metal and glass structure. He has sublimated the space by working with the different volumes and proportions. He has explored the relationship between interior and exterior by creating openings on each side of the building providing views of the legendary Parisian rooftops and the Sacré-Coeur which are absolutely breathtaking!

The contemporary style of the new structure is in harmony with the work of Humbert & Poyet who were entrusted with the decoration of the company stores. In collaboration with the architect and the Weill family, the designers have created a luxurious contemporary atmosphere. The entrance hall and showroom reflect the initial design by the famous architect and interior designer Paul Dupré-Lafon, who did the original interior decoration. It reinterprets subtle combinations of travertine with black and green marble along with a bold mix of 1930s architecture, 1950s lighting designs (Knoll, Guariche and Gino Sarfati), and a resolutely contemporary style.

Family

There was Albert Weill, and then Robert Weill. Today, Jean-Claude Weill is still around in the role of watchful patriarch and luminary figure, but it is his children, Bernard, Jean-Pierre and Viviane who keep the enthusiasm and the development alive, supported in turn by the representatives of the fifth generation of family members with Elie and Alexandre.

Your cart 0

Your cart is empty

Product added !
Log in
Create an account